Thursday, May 26, 2011

Making Memories: American Idol Edition

My husband Taylor and I often talk about "making memories" with our children. Those moments that last a lifetime are so important. I know I certainly have childhood memories that still make me smile today. I decided a few days ago that this goal of making memories blends extremely well with American Idol.


Say what?


My daughter Kate has been following Idol this entire season and is a huge Scotty fan. She absolutely loves country music (spending a huge amount of time with her grandfather is the primary reason for that). The fact that he is from North Carolina just makes him even better in her eyes. So when he advanced to the finals last week and the plans for the huge finale party were announced, I decided to surprise her with a trip to the RBC Center in Raleigh.


Even though I haven't watched Idol in many years, I have to admit I had just as much fun as she did. It was very exciting being in a coliseum with 12,000 or so screaming fans. The RBC Center is also home to NC State University basketball and that made the night even more fun as Mr. and Mrs. Wuf entertained the crowd (I'm an NCSU grad).  It's hard not to smile and have fun when you're in an atmosphere like that, especially when your daughter has just declared that you're the best mom ever.


I'm posting a few pictures taken with my phone camera, so excuse the quality. We'll both have those memories forever, but it's nice to preserve them here, too.


Loving the poster of Scotty with Mr. Wuf

Approximately 1/4 of the crowd

Scotty won!
(don't forget about my Body by Vi giveaway - enter here)

No comments:

Post a Comment