Friday, August 20, 2010

"Mama Goes Masters" Virtual Race


So, I have 4 miles on the training plan for tomorrow. And MCM Mama just happens to be hosting a virtual race that includes that distance. That's a little bit of extra motivation to make sure I don't blow off tomorrow morning's run ...
UPDATE
Well, I did it but it wasn't pretty. I woke up early this morning, turned over in bed and was so dizzy I felt like I was falling while lying down. It's another bout with inner ear problems. My first thought revolved around trying to run 4 miles while dizzy. I slept late and didn't get up until 8:30. I was a little dizzy but nothing like the early a.m. After eating a bowl of cereal and preparing my homemade electrolyte drink, I decided to get started. I'm not going to lie about it. It was a tough, slow 4 miles due to the heat, humidity and occasional dizziness. I tried to take it extra slow - well, no, it wasn't a decision to take it slow, my body refused to do any more. But the good news is that I did it. That's the longest I've gone since the half-marathon in March, so I'll consider it a win even if some people could have walked it faster than I run:walked it.
4 miles in 1:01:48 (15:12/mile)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Congrats on winning MCM Mama's giveaway for her virtual race!!!

    ReplyDelete