Monday, October 6, 2008

20 minute mark & running away from home (not what it sounds like!)

I DID IT! For the first time, I ran for 20 minutes without stopping.

Of course, this was on the treadmill instead of outside like normal, but I'm in Chapel Hill until Friday. I'm not really comfortable running by myself in a strange place, so I decided to use the hotel workout room instead. Zero percent incline & still slow, but that's the most time I've run without stopping for a walk break yet!

It felt great and I am so very, very proud of myself. What a great way to start the week. I'm really, really missing Taylor and the kids already so this was a good mental pick-me-up.

I can't wait until Friday when I'm back home ... just talked to Kate, though, and she's doing much better now. She and Taylor are baking halloween cookies and Will's at Papa's house. I'm glad Kate's not so sad now ... I left her crying this morning which just broke my heart. She's the "star of the week" in Mrs. Garrett's 3rd grade class. I'm going to surprise her Friday afternoon by going to school to be the "mystery reader." I can't wait to see her reaction when I walk in the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment