Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ford's Colony 5K

I'm so excited and proud of myself. I ran the Ford's Colony 5K this morning and had a great time. I had two pre-race goals ...

1) Run more minutes than I walk. I don't think I hit this goal because I lost track of the number of running minutes. I finished in 41:50.3 which is slow, but that's okay. I've only been doing this for a month and a half. I would have liked to finish under 40 minutes, but I'll try to achieve that at the Harvest Days 5K in October.

2) Not finish in last place.
I achieved this goal. I was 48th out of 68 women who finished the 5K. Again, not very fast and not a great finish, but that's okay. Again, I'll try to do even better in October.

All in all, it was a great event and I had a blast. Even though I don't have anything to compare it to, I really think the Rocky Mount Endurance Club organized a great race. I certainly hope they'll do it again next year.

A special thanks to Bobbie from Rocky Mount who ran with me from around 2.5 miles to the end. It was great finishing together. Since I always run by myself in the mornings, it was a nice change to have a partner. Maybe I'll see her again at another race.

No comments:

Post a Comment