Saturday, October 2, 2010

Harvest Days 5k


And I'm still smiling ... this morning's 5k at the local Harvest Days festival was a lot of fun. I may not have set a PR running through the mud and water, but I ended the 3.1 miles feeling good physically and feeling good about my time. I may be slow, but for the first time in months, I'm really enjoying running now. Best part of the course? Running past the fesitval's amphitheater as a student group started singing "Boogie Fever!"

I've included a couple of pictures from before and after the race. Smiling for the camera is still very new for me and I'm really loving life right now!

Now, it's time for college football this afternoon. Let's go NC State - beat the VT Hokies! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Good luck to Carly at the Twin Cities Marathon tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic in that outfit and have a wonderful smile. Glad to hear the race went well.

    ReplyDelete