Thursday, October 16, 2008

The pounds are a-kickin' & a-screamin'

Obviously, one of the initial reasons to begin running was because it's an efficient means to an end. My overall goal is to lead a healthier life so that I will be a much more healthy, much more happy wife and mom for my family. Running is an incredibly effective way to achieve that overall goal.

So after 11 weeks I am very pleased to report that I feel great and definitely have a healthier body. I may not be losing a huge amount of weight as far as the pounds go, but I'm losing inches as I can definitely tell a difference in my clothes. Most important, I am proud of my accomplishments and that equates to just a happier, more self-confident person.

I read this quote by a poster on one of the Runner's World forums & think it's a hilarious way of describing the difficulties of weight loss ...

"There is no efficient way to lose weight. You have to peel the pounds, one by one, kicking and screaming off your thighs, butt, and waist. Then you have to throw them as far away from you as possible, knowing that they're only going to travel a few feet. Then you have to do anything you can to get as far away from them as possible. You can run, bike, yoga, swim, or crosstrain. Anything that puts distance between you and the evil pounds, and you know that they're going to be right behind you laughing as soon as you peek over your shoulder. And they're armed with doughnuts."


No comments:

Post a Comment