Monday, October 6, 2008

My old self ...

So do I have an old self I'm trying to leave behind by taking up running? Yep, probably so ... the old self that liked to say "I can't do this because ____________"

Yep, I can do anything ... it's just a matter of setting my mind to it and not letting the self-doubt take over.

I am blessed with a wonderful life. I'm married to my soul-mate -the man I love and have loved for many, many years and our two children are such a gift from God that it makes my heart want to burst. And I need to accept that I am deserving of all of these gifts and, at the same time, I deserve to believe in myself in other ways, too.

So how does this fairly new running "obsession" fit into it all? It's a way of letting myself go & taking the challenge to do something that's tough and new ... and about having the courage to do something that has the possibility of failure ... and then overcoming that potential failure.

Make sense? Maybe not to anyone else, but to me, yeah it does make a lot of sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sElYG7LmUU



No comments:

Post a Comment