Tuesday, December 1, 2009

So that was something new ...

Things I learned yesterday evening in the dark & in the rain ...

  • I need a more wind- & rain-resistant jacket; the Wal-Mart special was not sufficient
  • My new Droid Eris phone fits nicely in a snack-sized ziplock baggie
  • The "softrace" app loaded on said new phone works great (even inside a ziplock baggie); it accurately measured a known 0.5 mile out-and-back
  • I need a headlamp; it's not easy to avoid mud puddles in the dark
  • Running in the dark just after sunset is not scary; I like it better than running in the dark just before sunrise (yeah, I'm a wimp & I'm not sure why 5:45 p.m. is better than 5:45 a.m.)
  • Oh, that's right, I'm not a morning person; 5:45 p.m. will always be better than 5:45 a.m.
  • Except when it's not raining at 5:45 a.m. & I should have taken care of these 2 miles at that time
  • Running in a cold rain makes me faster; 2.06 miles in 21:44, 10:34 average pace - nice!
  • My in-laws think I'm crazy; my husband & kids already know I'm crazy, so that's no biggie
  • Running in the rain and dark makes me feel like a hard-core runner (ha ha ha ... that's a hoot!)

No running today ... maybe 30 Day Shred tonight? That's it for now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment