Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm a Wal-Mart Runner

Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

As I mentioned before, I do not have a very good track record for developing new hobbies and/or lifestyle changes and actually sticking to them. So, I decided from the beginning I was going to try to limit my investment in this adventure until I am 100% certain I'm going to follow through with it.

That commitment lasted all of, you know 1 day, as I decided I really did need a few essentials as I defined them. So that meant a trip to Wal-Mart where I purchased a digital watch with a stopwatch (can you really call it a chronograph if the watch was only $7.87?). I also purchased some wicking shorts and shirt (both by Athletic Works). And, even though I knew it was probably a waste of the money, I spent a grand total of $12 on a fancy, schmancy pair of Athletic Works running shoes.

That's the one purchase that I promised myself I would do-over at an actual running store and have a sales associate fit me with a proper pair of shoes that cost more than $12. And that's where I am right now, my Wal-Mart watch & clothes are still just fine. The shoes, however, I am already looking forward to replacing after the September payday and a visit to Raleigh Running Outfitters!

No comments:

Post a Comment